We know that education is the key to moving forward in protecting children from sexual predators and helping survivors of CSA begin the healing process. For these reasons we have tried to provide a thorough list of resources as tools for understanding CSA and taking measures to prevent it.
The following resources are a combination of sites we know and work with professionally, as well as some that we have found to have material to aid survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
At Together We Heal, we do our best to provide the highest standard quality resources for survivors of CSA. While we offer information about the following organizations and include their website information, the views presented at these sites are not necessarily those of Together We Heal. We do not continually monitor these sites, so we can make no claims about the quality or accuracy of opinions and information you might find.
Partners & Website Resources
- http://netgrace.org – GRACE – Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment – Founded by Basyle ’Boz’ Tchividjian, J.D., a grandson of Billy Graham, he is leading by example on how churches should respond to childhood sexual abuse. In 2015, David was asked by Boz, to become part of the GRACE Speakers Bureau and later to join their team of Certification Specialists. The mission of GRACE is to empower the Christian community through education and training to recognize, prevent, and properly respond to child abuse. David represents TWH & GRACE all across the country as a public speaker and instructor, teaching churches, schools and families how to talk with their kids about sexual abuse and better identify sexual predators and their grooming methods. Obedience to Christ dictates that the Christian community must learn how to respond to those children and their families who cry out for help when they are victimized. This obedience begins with the education and training of those within the Church regarding the sin of child abuse and how to respond to such disclosures in a God honoring manner.
- www.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/victimservices – Victims Services of Palm Beach County
- http://www.childusa.org/ – Prof. Marci Hamilton – Statute of Limitation law information for each state
- www.thelamplighters.org – Marjorie McKinnon
- https://religionscell.wordpress.com/ – Religious Abuse Survivor stories and more
- www.naasca.org – Bill Murray
- www.stopabusecampaign.com – Andrew Willis
- www.hopeandhealingga.org – Gainesville, Georgia
- www.choiceofdirection.com – Herb Cohen
- www.fromtracie.com/p/blog-against-child-abuse.html – Tracie Nall
- www.fromtracie.com/p/survivor-links.html – Tracie Nall
- http://pokrov.org – A resource for survivors of abuse in the Orthodox Churches
- www.pandys.org – Pandora’s Project (Support and resources for survivors of rape and sexual abuse)
- www.livingwell.org.au – For our Australian readers
- www.survivorsuk.org – A great resource for our fellow survivors in the UK
- http://survivorsofabuserecovering.ca/ – (SOAR) – Based in Nova Scotia, Canada
- http://www.gwenplano.com – Dr. Gwendolyn M. Plano – an uplifting story for survivors
- http://www.aninfinitemind.com – Jaime Pollack – Support for those with DID
“Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists, & Other Sex Offenders – Anna C. Salter, Ph.D.
“Chocolate Flowers” – A Twisted Tale That Deserves To Be Told – Jori Nunes
“Judging Me” – Judge Mary Elizabeth Bullock
“I’m Still Here: A letter to my children about family violence, sexual abuse, surviving and thriving” – Elizabeth Dutton-Scott
“Justice Denied – What America Must Do to Protect Its Children” – Marci A. Hamilton
(GREAT Resource on Statute of Limitation Law Reform)
“Beyond Surviving – The Final Stage in Recovery from Sexual Abuse” – Rachel Grant
“Trauma And Transformation : A 12-Step Guide” – Rivka A. Edery
“Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept” – Jayneen Sanders
(An EXCELLENT book for parents to read to their children)
“Abused Boys : The Neglected Victims of Sexual Abuse” – Mic Hunter
“Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse” – Carolyn Ainscough & Kay Toon (Also has a guidebook I highly recommend)
“Survivors Not Statistics” – Lurleen Hilliard
“Rising Above the Beauty of Life” – Dolores M. Miller
We check that the links are still active regularly, but if you find any broken ones, please contact us.